Cookies and similar technologies
At your option, you can block cookies at any time by changing the preferences through our cookie consent tool or in your browser settings, as described below. If you reject or delete certain cookies, you may still browse the Site; however, you may not be able to purchase products or have access to all of Blackstone’s services.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that contains information about your computer. A cookie assigns each visitor a unique, random number, a sort of anonymous user ID. Cookies allow us to identify the computer or device that a user uses to access the Site. Cookies may be used to enable Blackstone to track and target your interests for the purpose of enhancing and customizing your experience on the Site, and cookies may store user preferences, information about your browser, list of Site features used, and activities conducted while using the Site. Cookies on this site may be delivered by both first-party (set by Blackstone) and third-party (set by a third party) sources.
Marketing and Advertising
To learn more about the use of these technologies or to learn how to adjust your browser settings to opt-out of having this information used by third party network advertisers, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. (You have to opt-out of each of your web browsing applications and devices separately, for example, you can customize your ad settings through Google by clicking here.) You may adjust your cookie preferences on this site at any time through our cookie consent tool.
Types of cookies and why we use them
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like logging into a secure area of our site, cannot be provided.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website visited prior to ours, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are only used to improve the performance of our website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies. These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
We use the following cookies for the reasons described below:
|1P_JAR||3rd Party: Google.com||Targeting / Advertising||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes||30 Days|
|AID||3rd Party: Google.com||Google Adwords||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes||30 Days|
|APISID||3rd Party: Google.com||Google reCAPTCHA||These are essential site cookies, used by the google reCAPTCHA. These cookies use an unique identifier for tracking purposes.||2 Years|
|DSID||3rd Party: doubleclick.net||Google Adwords||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes||12 Hours|
|HSID||3rd Party: Google.com||Google reCAPTCHA||These are essential site cookies, used by the google reCAPTCHA. These cookies use an unique identifier for tracking purposes.||2 Years|
|IDE||3rd Party: doubleclick.net||Targeting / Advertising||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes||2 Years|
|JSESSIONID||3rd Party: nr-data.net||Securing Web Applications||Java J2EE or WebLogic Server session cookie||50 Years|
|NID||3rd Party: Google.com||Google reCAPTCHA||These are essential site cookies, used by the google reCAPTCHA. These cookies use an unique identifier for tracking purposes.||15 Days|
|OGPC||3rd Party: Google.com||Google Maps||This cookie enables the functionality of Google Maps.||2 Years|
|SAPISID||3rd Party: Google.com||Targeting/Advertising||This cookie works by uniquely identifying your browser and device.||2 Years|
|SID||3rd Party: Google.com||Google reCAPTCHA||1 Year|
|SIDCC||3rd Party: Google.com||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.||2 years|
|SSID||3rd Party: Google.com||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.||2 Years|
|_ga||3rd Party: google.com||Google analytics cookie||This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites.||2 Year|
|_gat||3rd Party: google.com||Google analytics cookie||This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites.||48 hours|
|_gid||3rd Party: google.com||Google analytics cookie||This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites.||24 hours|
|adminhtml||1st Party: urbanaudiobooks.com||Strictly Necessary||A cookie name associated with the Magento eCommerce platform.||24 Hours|
|external_no_cache||1st Party: urbanaudiobooks.com||Strictly Necessary||A cookie name associated with the Magento eCommerce platform. It is a technical cookie to record whether caching of a page is allowed or not.||24 Hours|
|frontend||1st Party: urbanaudiobooks.com||Strictly Necessary||This cookie holds your session ID on the server.||24 hours|
|frontend_cid||1st Party: urbanaudiobooks.com||Strictly Necessary||This cookie holds your session ID on the server.||24 hours|
|mailchimp_landing_page||3rd Party: mailchimp.com||MailChimp analytics||This is used to sync data across platforms||50 Years|
|PREF||3rd Party: youtube.com||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie stores your preferences and other information, in particular preferred language, how many search results you wish to be shown on your page, and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.||10 years|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||3rd Party: youtube.com||YouTube Analytics||This cookie measures your bandwidth to determine whether you get the new player interface or the old.||8 months|
|Use_hitbox||3rd Party: youtube.com||YouTube Analytics||This cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video||Session|
|YSC||3rd Party: youtube.com||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube video||Session|
Other Tracking Technologies
For analytical and security purposes we also use other tracking technologies on the Site such as server and application logs, which may record information such as internet domain and host names, IP addresses, browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, and dates and times that the Site is accessed.
We primarily use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as Local Shared Objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. This help page provides information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies.
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver services, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked.
- Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect our services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. We may link this information to other data which we collect about you for these and other purposes. The information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which a user accesses your website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after visit
You can choose to accept, reject, or otherwise manage your cookie preferences on this site at any time through our cookie consent tool. You can also manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
You can obtain information about how to manage cookies in most commonly used browsers by following the browser names linked below. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original account credentials to gain access to certain parts of the Website.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third party cookies
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy or the cookies we use, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.